The Center for Cancer Care at Knox Community Hospital offers expertise in medical oncology and hematology.
Dr. Husain Rasheed is a board-certified medical oncologist hematologist. He is also the Medical Director of the Center for Cancer Care.
Medical oncology hematology combines two medical specialties. Oncologists specialize in treating cancers. Hematologists specialize in diseases of the blood, spleen, and lymph glands, treating such conditions as anemia, clotting disorders, hemophilia, leukemia, and lymphoma.
Advanced cancer care is available right here in Knox County.
If you have questions or would like more information about cancer treatment options, please call The Center for Cancer Care at 740.393.5551.
- Lymphedema Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- American Cancer Society Patient Navigator
- Diagnostic Imaging (radiology services)
- Pain and Palliative Care
- Social Services
- Wound/Ostomy Nurse
- Oncology Certified Nurses (OCN) on staff
- Chemotherapy is administered 5 days/week by nurses trained in chemotherapy administration
- Open treatment area
- Individual televisions with headsets
- Individual control of their own lighting
- Individual control of their own temperature for the comfort of our patients