Manage heart failure from the comfort of your home. The CardioMEMS™ HF (Heart Failure) System along with proper diet and medication can increase your quality of life and reduce the chances of heart failure hospitalization.
The CardioMEMS™ HF system includes a tiny pressure-sensing device that is inserted into your pulmonary artery. It also has a home unit about the size of a queen-size pillow that allows you to wirelessly send your pulmonary artery pressure readings directly to your heart failure medical team for regular review.
- Taking a reading is a simple process that only takes a few minutes each day
- You just lie down on the provided home unit and press a button to start
- The information is sent to a secure website that your medical team can access
- Your healthcare provider regularly reviews the information and contacts you if changes to your medications or treatment plan are necessary
- Regular monitoring from your home allows you and your heart failure medical team to get ahead of heart failure before it progresses
- Sensor is inserted using a common procedure.
- You simply take a daily measurement of the sensor from the comfort of your home.
- Your healthcare provider reviews your information and contacts you when necessary.
“Congestive heart failure occurs when the heart is unable to keep up with the body’s work demand. Heart failure symptoms include: shortness of breath- both with exertion and at rest, swelling in the legs and abdomen, general fatigue, progressively needing to sleep with more pillows, a wet cough. A cardiologist will decide based on preset criteria if this treatment is right for you.”
If you are interested in learning more about heart failure contact your Primary Care Provider to schedule a referral to the heart failure clinic at Knox Community Hospital's Department of Specialty Care, Cardiovascular Services.