Case Management is a proactive clinical system that coordinates the entire spectrum of a patient's care (illness, recovery, and prevention), facilitating positive outcomes with timely and appropriate use of resources.
Key components are assessing the patient's clinical and psychosocial needs while assisting physicians in organizing services across disciplines to meet these needs. The Case Management team at KCH is committed to providing professional service for those in need of healing and care without discrimination. Our mission supports quality care and providing excellent clinical outcomes by providing clinical case management, discharge planning, and utilization review services for patients of all ages.
Our goal is to assist your discharge process from the hospital. We provide information and guidance in dealing with an illness or treatment so that you can make the best decision for you and your family. We try to enhance your abilities to cope with the problems and stress that often accompanies illness and hospitalization. We will support you and your family while you are a patient at our hospital. We can assist with community resources through discharge planning, including extended care facility placement, home care, hospital equipment, transportation, finances, hospice, emergency home monitoring system, meals-on-wheels, home-maker services, vocational counseling, and community support services. We have professionals to assist you and your family to cope with the stress that occurs with difficult medical diagnosis and treatment.
Case Management is the liaison between you and your family members and the medical team, keeping the lines of communication open. A member of the Case Management department will ask inpatients early during their hospital stay if they have questions or concerns about their discharge plan. We try to provide a smooth transition from the hospital discharge to a supportive living situation.
The Case Management staff can assist you with the following:
- Insurance benefits
- Disability application and other local and government options
- Assist individuals in locating information from local community resources and support groups specifically related to healthcare issues
- Answer questions about Advance Directives (Living Will and Durable Power-of-Attorney for Healthcare) and will assist in the completion of these documents
Claudia Pido, BSN, RN ACM
Provides 24-hour leadership and accountability for the clinical practice and operational functions for case management.
Brent C. Nimeth, MD, FAAFP
- Serves as the physician advisor to the Case Management department.
- Serves as a liaison among hospital administration, the Case Management department and the medical staff regarding issues, resources, and quality improvement.
- Works closely with the president of the medical staff on education, communication, and feedback to the medical staff.
- Utilizes approved criteria to determine appropriateness of patient admissions, observations, and continued stays.
- Assist in the provision of continuum of care for all inpatients.
- Collaborates and communicates with the healthcare team to help ensure high quality patient care in a cost-effective, timely manner.
- Provide timely clinical reviews to third party payers.
- Coordinates and assists in patients’ discharge plan.
- Provides direct social work services for all inpatients and their families.
- Provides emotional and environmental support for hospital patients.
- Demonstrates critical thinking to assure optimum post-hospital care, within the restrictions of insurance guidelines and limitations.
- Collaborates with all members of the healthcare team to help facilitate an appropriate discharge plan for hospital clients.
- Assists in providing resources for hospital patients with complex discharge needs.
- Works closely with case managers to effectively assess and assist with patient needs within and outside of the hospital setting.