What is Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy?
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) is a medicallyrecognized treatment option for certain conditions. The treatment takes place in a clear, acrylic chamber. You lay on a stretcher inside the chamber and can watch TV or a movie. The chamber is pressurized so you can breathe one hundred percent oxygen. Your blood carries the extra oxygen to the injured area.
Is HBOT right for me?
- Speak with your doctor if you have a wound that hasn’t healed in four weeks.
- Your doctor will assess your wound and decide if hyperbaric oxygen therapy may be right for you.
- A team member will check your insurance for treatment eligibility.
Treatment plans are different for each patient. It depends on your condition and response to therapy.
- Most patients receive between 30 and 40 treatments.
- Each treatment lasts between 90 and 120 minutes.
- People typically receive one treatment a day, Monday through Friday. Your doctor will tell you if you need more than one treatment a day.
- Keeping your appointments means a better chance of healing.
1330 Coshocton Avenue
Mt Vernon, OH 43050