Thank you for your interest in job shadowing at Knox Community Hospital. Exceeding the expectations of our patients and community is vital to the success of our organization.
Self Awareness Agreement
Before applying for a Job Shadowing experience with Knox Community Hospital, every applicant is expected to read and accept our Self Awareness Agreement. Click the “I accept” button at the bottom of the page and proceed to the application. Applicants accepted for for a job shadowing experience at KCH must adhere to these important standards.
Sense of Ownership
- I will attempt to make every customer interaction an important one since we never get a second chance to make a first impression.
- I will take ownership for addressing concerns.
- I will follow through on commitments.
Explain what I am doing
- I will explain what I am doing and communicate unexpected changes or delays.
- I will avoid using jargon, acronyms, slang and other confusing forms of communication.
- I will speak slowly and clearly in a pleasant tone.
- I will keep from interrupting others.
Lead By Example
- I will set a good example.
- I will give positive comments and accept feedback positively.
- I will maintain a litter and clutter free workplace.
- I will report unsafe conditions and equipment immediately to director or designee.
- I will not damage, deface, or misuse materials or property of the hospital.
- I will avoid making statements like “It’s not my job.”
- I will take responsibility for my actions, results and mistakes.
- I will demonstrate a caring attitude by treating others as I wish to be treated.
- I will accept constructive feedback without a defensive response.
Working with My Co-Workers
- I will treat my co-workers as professionals, recognizing their expertise.
- I will be a team player by working in a positive and cooperative manner with my team members.
- I will be supportive to my co-workers by offering help when possible.
- I will be the first to stop gossip by not gossiping.
- I will be on time to start my shift at the beginning, after lunch, and breaks.
- I will avoid blame and focus on addressing issues to the involved party.
- I will approach a supervisor when this attempt proves to be futile.
- I will follow the chain of command.
- I will be open to new ideas and change.
- I will be an active listener.
- I will ask for help when needed and will make my co-workers feel comfortable asking me for help.
- I will wear my name badge, above my waist and face forward.
- I will adhere to the hospital and department dress code policies (proper uniform/clothing, jewelry, and fragrance).
Respect/Courtesy of Customers
- I will acknowledge others immediately with a smile, make eye contact, and introduce myself.
- I will allow others the right of way when entering or exiting elevators and doorways.
- I will respect privacy and confidentiality of others.
- I will recognize, respect, and respond to the diversity of our patients/customers while protecting their dignity at all times.
- I will escort those who are “lost” to their destination instead of pointing the way.
Excelling in Quality
- I will do the right thing for the right reason, even when no one is watching.
- I will provide quality services to my customers.
Needs of Customer First
- I will anticipate, listen, and respond to my customer’s needs.
- I will do “little things” that provide extra comfort and reassurance, exceeding our customers expectations.
Ease of Use/Access
- I will assure that patients have the information they need for easy access to our services.
- I will work with my co-workers to provide a seamless level of care.
Serve as Ambassador
- I will demonstrate pride in being part of the One Team United in Caring.
- I will be familiar with the products and services we offer throughout the hospital.
- I will abide by the speed limits and parking policy.
- I will not tolerate abusive behavior (verbal or physical).
- I will be knowledgeable of the meaning of all hospital codes.
- I will utilize Personal Protective Equipment as required.
- I will question individuals without an identification badge or other unusual situations.
- I will be knowledgeable about equipment and use it safely.
- I will utilize proper body mechanics to keep myself and my customers safe.
As one team united in caring, we commit to provide the highest quality of care, treating each person the way he or she wishes to be treated.
I hereby acknowledge that I have read and understand the Standards of Service Excellence for Knox Community Hospital (KCH).
I agree that I will hold myself accountable to abide by these during my experience with KCH. If you are in agreement with the statement above please click the I accept button below in order to fill out the application for this opportunity.