The registration form for the Vaccine Waiting List is compatible with Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Microsoft Edge.
NOTE: Internet Explorer is being discontinued by Microsoft. To learn more about the discontinuation of Internet Explorer please visit https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/end-of-support/end-of-suppor….
SCHEDULE YOUR COVID-19 TESTING APPOINTMENT
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday 9 am – 4 pm: See available schedule times below.
Our testing is:
Performed without a doctor's order and does not include PCR testing for travel arrangements.
Cost – Your insurance will be billed.
For Ohio residents, age 18 or older, unless with parental consent.
We ask that all people coming to the testing site wear a mask.
At the check-in area, all patients and visitors will be screened for fever or other symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
How to Read Your Test Results
- Detected = COVID-19 Positive
- Not Detected = COVID-19 Negative
If you test positive, take steps to prevent others from getting sick.
If you test negative, you probably were not infected at the time your sample was collected. The test result only means that you did not have COVID-19 at the time of testing. Continue to take steps to protect yourself.
Viral testing is performed using samples from the respiratory system to determine whether infection with SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is present. Viral tests are recommended to diagnose acute (active) infection of both symptomatic and asymptomatic individuals.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN COVID-19 TEST
- A nasopharyngeal swab will be collected for this test. No fasting or dietary restrictions are required.
- Testing is provided by Knox Community Hospital staff at our Main Laboratory located at 1330 Coshocton Avenue in Mount Vernon.
- The collection of specimens takes approximately 5-10 minutes. Please be patient as we work to quickly process everyone through our facility with appropriate social distancing and precautions.
Receiving COVID-19 Test Results
Results will be available electronically within 2-4 days if you have successfully set up a Patient Portal account on our website. Be sure that you have activated your portal account through the email entitled 'Activate Your Patient Account Now from Knox Community Hospital'. If you do not have a patient portal, you can request results be sent to you by mail.